Supabase is gearing up for another Launch Week on July the 26th. Until then, here's a few new things to try.
Watch a full demo of this month's releases
Vercel just released their new integrations, which means you can now deploy a Postgres database on Supabase directly from your Vercel account. Check it out! vercel.com/integrations/supabase
Discord logins are now available
Building a community? There's almost no better tool than Discord (we're even trialling it ourselves). If you're building a community product, Discord logins are the perfect option.
We spent the month building up a new Guides section in our Docs. Here are a few highlights:
Postgres Full Text Search
Ever wanted to build a Search Engine? We just released a guide which shows you how to implement Full Text Search using Postgres.
Public Storage Buckets
Want to share all your favourite memes? Now it's even easier with Public Storage Buckets. Simply mark a bucket as "Public" and the content will be accessible without a login.
When things go wrong, sometime the best thing you can do is reboot. We released a restart button in the Dashboard, the first of many debugging tools we'll be releasing over the next few months.
We added a new Table Policy Editor which makes Row Level Security even easier. We even included a few templates to get you started.
Build in Public
We run a weekly 1-hour live stream where we build in public.
- Build in Public 003: Redwood PR, GitHub Discussions, Pricing Pages, Postgres Policies, Styling docs
- Build in Public 004: Svelte Quickstart, new
supabase-jsrelease, monthly GitHub release
- Build in Public 006: Supabase Studio
- Build in Public 007: Supabase Studio - API Docs
- @dabit3 released a complete guide to Supabase on FreeCodeCamp. Twitter | Blog
- @raddevon built a social network using Supabase and Vue3. Twitter | YouTube
- @JonoYeong built live with Supabase + SvelteKit. Twitter | Twitch
Supabase Github Star Growth
- Primarily for Prisma users, we patched PostgREST openapi-mode to ignore anon privileges for the OpenAPI output. Credit to @steve-chavez.
- We added better PostgREST logging to include timestamps for every error Credit to @steve-chavez.
- We fixed a XSS bug in the Auth0 Next.js library. GitHub Credit to @inian and Ishan Patel (a Supabase community member)
Launch Week!! Remember that time we did a Launch Week? Well we're doing it again at the end of July. Strap in, because we're shipping one thing every day for a week.